Hampton VA Medical Center
Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation New Dawn (OND)
OEF/OIF/OND Care Management Program:
The Hampton VA Medical Center (VAMC) OEF/OIF/OND care management program works exclusively with Operating Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation New Dawn Veterans. Our staff serve as the primary point of contact for any issues related to access to health care and provide ongoing care management services as needed. When enrolling for health care at the Hampton VAMC, OEF/OIF/OND Veterans should stop by the clinic or call the extensions listed below to learn about services available to Veterans.
(above) The Transition and Care Management Clinic is located adjacent to the Outpatient Parking area at the Hampton VAMC.
Combat Veteran Eligibility:
The Department of Veterans Affairs has new eligibility rules. These rules apply to both active and reserve component personnel who served in designated combat zones since November 11, 1998. From the date of separation from active duty, an eligible Veteran may receive 5 years of free priority care.
* Free care refers to all services related to the Veteran's combat experience, even if there is insufficient medical evidence to conclude that such a condition is attributable to such service. Co-payments may be charged for the treatment of non-combat related conditions.
If you are in crisis or in need of immediate assistance, contact the Veteran's Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 or go to the Emergency Department at the Hampton VAMC located at 100 Emancipation Drive, Hampton, VA 23667.
To enroll in the VA Health Care System and apply for benefits, contact the OEF/OIF/OND program for assistance or you may fill out an online application <https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/>.
For information or access to healthcare or mental health services call (757) 722-9961 and ask to speak with:
- Julia M. Allaman, MSN, PMHCNS, OEF/OIF/OND Program Manager
- Mary Jane Lyons, MSN, RN
- Noel Craig, MSW, Social Work Case Manager
- Thomas Hudson, Health Benefits Advisor
- Nancy Rodriguez, Program Support Assistant