Hampton "2011 Most Wired"
The Hampton VA Medical Center has been selected as one of the nation’s “2011 Most Wired Hospitals.” A total of 15 VA medical centers were selected out of the 100 hospitals chosen nationwide.
The “2011 Most Wired Survey” recognized hospitals based on progress in adoption, implementation and use of information technology (IT) in four areas:
• Business and Administrative Management
• Clinical Quality and Safety (Inpatient/Outpatient Hospital)
• Care Continuum (Ambulatory/Physician/Community)
The survey specifically recognizes hospitals and health systems for excellence in IT, but based on the organization's achievements in adapting IT to meet clinical and organizational needs. The nation’s 100 Most Wired hospitals and health systems are helping consumers take charge of their health care by providing more tools via the Internet, according to results from the eighth annual Most Wired Survey. Among the findings:
• Sixty-seven percent of Most Wired hospitals ordered medications electronically;
• Fifty-eight percent of all organizations reported that they have implemented computerized standing orders based on treatment protocols that have been scientifically proven to be effective;
• Most Wired hospitals are leading in the use of encryption on movable devices to safeguard information. All Most Wired hospitals encrypt data for laptops and 76 percent encrypt smart phones and
• Twenty-two percent of hospitals provide patients the opportunity to visit a physician virtually.
And now the Hampton VAMC is wired with Facebook! Join us at http://www.facebook.com/HamptonVAMC