Hampton VA Medical Center
About the Hampton VA Medical Center
Located along the historic banks of the Chesapeake Bay, the Hampton VA Medical Center (VAMC) is a world class facility with highly skilled and compassionate staff. The medical center is a leader in technology and innovation providing health care services to Veterans in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Hampton VAMC is a tertiary care, Complexity Level 2 hospital. Hampton VAMC provides comprehensive primary and specialty care in medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. The Medical Center is geographically positioned among one of the largest DoD active duty and military retiree populations in the United States. As a result, the Medical Center has seen a 7% increase among Veterans seeking VA care. The Hampton VAMC recently opened a state-of-the-art Women’s Clinic designed to provide gender specific care under one roof. Additional expansions at the medical center include the Spinal Cord Injury Unit and Mental Health Unit. Rich with history, the medical center is proud to be the health care provider of choice for Hampton Roads Veterans.
Community-based Outpatient Clinics:
In addition to our main facility in Hampton, we offer services in two outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in Elizabeth City, N.C., Chesapeake, Va. and Virginia Beach, Va.
Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well being.
VHA Vision Statement:
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Core Values - "I CARE"
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.